Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Nite Souper Dish!

Fall is right around the corner. School is back in session.  Football games, festivals will be in full swing. For busy families a meal prepared in a Crock-pot can save some time and money.
On Fridays I like to prepare soup in my Crock-pot.  Its a good way to use up leftovers and clean out the refrigerator.  Ingredients can vary so no two soups are alike! This time I had pot roast left over from Tuesday dinner. To that I add these ingredients:



Crock-Pot Italian style vegetable soup.
1-can beef broth
1- envelope of onion soup mix
1-can 15 Oz of stewed tomatoes
1-can of 28oz of whole plum tomatoes
1-can of 15oz of pinto beans
1-can of 15oz of black beans
2- carrots sliced
1-green pepper chopped
1- zucchini  sliced
1- potato chopped
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1- cup of chopped celery
1- large clove of garlic minced
1- can of water from the large tomato can
2-tsp of Italian seasoning
1/2 cup of dry pasta.
3- cups of leftover roast diced

Here's Rascal who is supervising the chopping of vegetables and patiently waiting to taste test some of them!


Place all the ingredients except for the pasta in a 6qt Crock-Pot.
 
I set at High for 1 hour than at its lowest setting for six hours.  During the final 10 minutes of cooking add the pasta.

 
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and served with bread sticks. This makes a lot of soup and can easily
serve a family of six.  The verdict.... This soup was yummy!

 For Hubs and I a big Crock-Pot full of soup = two nights of dinners and Sunday lunch. Having some of the weekend meals already prepared makes me a happy homemaker!  I can spend more time enjoying the weekend with hubs and my "kids".
This is Life as I know...
Ann

shared with
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/