Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ironing and all that Jazz...

 Ok who likes to iron.  I sure don't.  As a kid it was one of my chores.. I had to do all of the laundry for my Mom,  five brothers and myself which included the ironing.  So you can see why I don't care for it.  Today its just me and hubby.  I still avoid the ironing in fact I don't iron ...
 that is until today.   


 
 One Sunday my husband is dressing for church and the shirt he choose to wear is  wrinkled.  Hubby doesn't care about his clothes. As long as he is cleaned and covered he's good to go.    His appearance is important to me so I ask him to change his shirt.  The truth is I said something like you not going out looking like that.  Not a good way to start your Sunday.  A couple of huff , puffs and some eye rolls and  the shirt got changed.  Surveying the closet I notice all of the wrinkled clothing. The dryer has been on the fritz for a couple of years. So our clothes are hung to dry.  Some fabric do alright the wrinkles smooth out but others need to be ironed.  I had to make peace with the that small home appliance.  I did my first batch today.  Did not enjoy ironing but I did like the results. Clothes neatly pressed and ready to be worn in the closet.  Now where is my button jar...  
 This is life as I know it!
Ann