Sunday, August 4, 2013

One crochet project done. So many more to go...

Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like a deadline.  I have a new great-niece joining the family in September. So like any crocheter I start pouring over my patterns.  There's lots to choose from. I have amassed an extensive collection.  Don't forget about the internet.  You can spend hours just looking at all of the free patterns that are available. None of this gets me to the task at hand,  the crocheting.  So I walk in to my yarn closet and check my stash.  Right in front of me is a Pound of Love by Lion Brand Yarn in the right shade.  I bought it a couple of years ago for pattern on the label.  Does anybody else do that? Get the yarn for the pattern on the label.  Hmm, Ok back to the point.  The pattern is also available on there website where you can down load it for free.  Oh and the name of it is Hooded Baby Afghan.  It was easy to crochet. Here is the link http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cpl-bafg.html?noImages=. You will have to register at the site to have access to the patterns but is well worth it!


The pattern was easy for beginners to follow but a more experienced crocheter would enjoy making this too. Basic stitches are the chain (ch) ,single crochet (sc) and double crochet (dc). Its crocheted in two pieces. Here's the first pieces
 
Next the second piece You do some increases to get the shape. An excellent technique to learn.
 
 
Its pinned together

A border is crocheted around going through all the layers.  Here you have the finished product!

 
I like how it came out.  It's nice when you can follow a pattern and the project looks like the picture.
Now on to more projects and this is Life as I know it...
Ann