Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crocheting by Heart!

I'm a crocheter. Been crocheting for 45 years.  Wow it's hard to believe that much time has passed.    If you step in to my home the only evidence of my art is a tote bag of yarn near my rocking chair.  There are no crocheted items displayed.  No toilet roll covers or cozies of any kind.  Everything I make is given away.  A project may start out for my home but usually ends up somewhere else.  It's how I show God's love.  The recipients (known and unknown) are prayed for while I'm crocheting their gift. I admire those who can design and sell their work. To me it's amazing I wish God had given me the gifts to do that but I'm just not wired that way.
My joy comes from giving it all away!

Recently I finished a gift set for my Niece who is having a baby.  I will post pictures of it at a latter time.  When I'm in between projects I make hair scrunchies. It something I can do while watching TV and you guessed I give them away!

I just crochet around an elastic pony tail holder.  Attach the yarn, chain about 8 and single crochet in the pony tail holder, repeat until it's full.  Its a good way to use up scraps of yarn.
 I also fix up small dolls to go in to toy packets that I put together for the
 Isaiah 6:8 Blessing Bag Ministry

 
 These bags are going to Mexico and the Philippines.  We service  areas where Samaritan's Purse does not go.
 .
     


 
 
Filled bag ready to go!
 



Happy faces!
 
 
 Allot of hands goes into this ministry. I just play a small part. There ladies that sew the bags. Others collect the items that are donated.  Some fill, sort and gather.  All are important.  There's more that is done that I did not mention but it does not go unnoticed.  I simply use my gift to serve others and that is Life as I know it...
Ann
 
 
Blog post shared at
 
 
 
Modern Hippie Momma