Friday, September 27, 2013

My Favorite Things!

Its Friendship Friday over at the Create with Joy blog. Its a fun place to visit and I get some great inspiration.  Every Friday there is a theme to blog about. This week is favorite things. The link to is
 http://www.create-with-joy.com/2013/09/friendship-friday-my-favorite-things.html. I usually don't do the themes.  This time I'll spread my wings and give it a go.
The questions asked by Create with Joy are
 
  • What book do you never tire of reading?
  • What song do you never tire of hearing?
  • What movie do you never tire of watching?

  • What book do I never tire of reading?

    To be honest I only read a book once.  Once read I'm done. If I were to re-read a book it would be this one.
    I have a leather bound book of The Bronte Sisters works.  I brought to my Mom while she was in the nursing home.  She wanted to re-read some of her favorite books.  This was one she requested and it was the last one she read.  She passed away a few weeks after finishing it.  The book remains in my permanent collection.

    What song do I never tire of hearing?

    This ones a toughie.  I love music and enjoy all different  genres.  Music was an important part of my childhood. I learned to play the violin and preformed in the school Orchestra. It's was boost to my self confidence. 
    If I had to choose one song it would be this...


    Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky. It lifts my spirits.  It feels
    like spring on the coldest of winter days.

    Last but not least
    What movie I never tire of watching?

    Easy any movie made by Gene Kelly.  My favorite is...

     
    I can watch this over and over again. It just make me smile!

    These are just a few of my favorite things!
    Ann

    linked with
     http://charliebeth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/friendly-friday-13.html
    http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2013/09/lets-get-social-sunday-40.html
    http://lamannafamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2013/09/turn-it-up-tuesday-3.html