Wednesday, September 18, 2013

nO tImE FoR tWoSDAY!

Woke up early yesterday morning. Ready to get the day started.  Had my to-do list handy now to start checking things off.    I was going to be organized and get-er-done.  Let see devotions first. Yep spending time with God is always a good thing! Next manage my blogging time. I need to find a better way to blog and get my posts done quickly.  Home management next Hubs and dogs need to be cared for meals planned, coupons clipped, laundry cleaned, ironed and put away. Banking and the grocery shopping was next.

  As you can see I had a list building and this was only a part of I wanted to accomplish.  Well in the middle of my devotions WAM lights out! Who knew it could be so dark in the early morning. I think of myself as a go with the flow girl. That is as long as it does not interfere with what I want to do.

Second new list: find flashlight, located battery operated lanterns , call Electric Authority, Pray for electricity to come on soon and make a new list..

An hour later power was restored.  I had to rearrange the order of when stuff would be accomplished. So here my third new list.  Finish Devotions , Fold and put away laundry (ironing can wait), shop for groceries.  Felt pretty good about this list.  A slight delay but its manageable and I still had time to add to it.

Ok had my grocery list and coupons so off to the Market then remembered that I forgot to pull the turkey breast out of the freezer for dinner.  Direct result of power being out. 

  Saw that ground beef and pork was on quick sale.  Fourth new list I'm getting good at this (HA)!   Meatloaf for dinner (recipe will be in next blog post).  Since it a twosday thought I would try a new cake recipe ( also in next blog post).

Grocery shopping completed and food put away.  Ingredients pulled for tonight's dinner and dessert.   Still I can't get over the feeling that I haven't accomplished anything.  I spent a good portion of my day worrying about my to do list and what I was not doing. This kept me from enjoying some life's unexpected treasures. For instance  snuggling with my hubs, during the power outage. Going for an early morning walk with the kids or just listening to the peace and quiet.
 
Here is my fifth and final list...
 
1. Honor God
2. Honor Hubs
3. Honor Me
 
Having my priorities straight will keep me flowing in the right direction!
This is Life as I know it...
Ann

linked with

http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/2013/09/blog-hop-blitz-is-ready-to-go-again.html 
http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/09/lets-get-social-sunday-39.html 
 http://ichoosejoy.org/2013/09/26/from-house-to-home-link-party-review-and-giveaway-of-best-friends-and-mean-girls/