Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A neat idea for Crocheting with thread.

 
Folks who crochet or knit have all kinds of ideas on how to make working with fiber more efficient. There are oodles of products on the market that can help. Needle workers are very generous about sharing any tips they've learned. I wanted to share one of mine with you.

  Approximately 15 yrs. ago I began working with thread.  I like making delicate and lacy items from it.  What I don't like is having thread roll all over the floor then have the family pet think it's a toy!

I won't name any names but...



 
the pictures say it all!
 
Well I needed to come up with something that would  keep the thread in one place. A holder of some kind.  I worked at a hardware store, and there was a toilet paper dispenser on clearance.  It was made of oak and missing some components.  For a couple of bucks I'd give it a try.  Showed it to hubs and this what we put together.
 

 
 Scraps of pine board, 1x2 strips , plastic toilet paper holder and stain is all that was needed to make this  holder.  I stained the board.   Hubs attached the 1x2 strips and oak dispenser  to the board. 
Ta Da  completed!!!
 
For about $3.00 I have a crochet thread holder that works.  I've been using this for at least 15 yrs.  My thread stays in one place and out of the dogs mouth!   It make me one happy crocheter!
 
 
This is life as I know it
Ann
Linked with