Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Rockin the Crock Pot Recipe! Mex-Summer Squash Pork Chops

I've been AWOL from blogging.  I have arthritis in my hands and the pain gets to much. I take breaks from the activities that cause the most discomfort, which is just about everything.  So I pace myself and decide which is more important to do. Take lots of breaks and  care for my hands. 

I have recipes to share. Most are written down on scraps of paper and piled on the desk waiting to be written in the blog.

The one I'm sharing today came on day that I did not want to fuss about dinner.  I was not in the mood to chop, dice or measure anything. So I searched my cupboards and refrigerator and came up with these ingredients. Three to be exact. The only thing I had to slice was the zucchini.

The Ingredients




I simply layered pork chops and salsa them placed summer squash on top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  This was perfect for my 2 QT Crock-Pot aaand....

Ta-Da dinner complete!

 

Ok well photography is not by strong suit but dinner tasted better then it looks!  The chops were mildly seasoned and the squash picked up on some of the flavors.  I had served it with a southwestern quinoa brown rice mix. It was easily prepared in the microwave. 

Here is the recipe for a simple dinner when you don't feel like fussin.

Crockpot Mex-Summer Squash Pork Chops

Ingredients:
1 ¼ Boneless Pork chops (about 4)
Salsa-any variety
Zucchini and yellow squash sliced. 2 of each or any combination.
 
Directions:
 
Place ¼ cup of Salsa in bottom of a 2 Qt Crock Pot.
Add 1 pork chop than some more salsa.
Repeat with remaining pork chops ending with salsa.
Add Squash. Cover and cook on low from 4-6 hrs. or until juices run
clear on the pork chops.
Serves 4
 
 
 
I prepared this on a Saturday and had leftovers.  Its was turned into a taco salad for our Sunday after church meal. Easy peasy!
 

All I used was a salad in a bag mix (southwestern style) that had the dressing etc. Diced up the pork chop added the squash and rice mixture and had a main dish salad.  Two meals from one crock-pot.
Now that's easy!
 
This is life as I cook it!
 
Ann

Shared with..
 http://www.myturnforus.com/