Friday, November 8, 2013

Week II-Gratitude

                                                                      

This is the second week of the month long theme Gratitude from +Create With Joy .  The focus this week is on Gratitude journals.  We are asked to give our responses to these three questions

  • Do you currently keep a Gratitude Journal?
  • If you’d like to start one but haven’t – what’s stopping you?
  • Are there any tips or resources you’d like to share to help others get started?

  • I don't write a Gratitude Journal.  I have journal for recipes.  One for crochet patterns.  I've even kept a devotional and prayer journal.  A gratitude journal does not cross my mind.  It's not that I'm not grateful.  I recognize daily all of my blessings.  Everyday I wakeup and the sun shines.  The feel of a warm snuggle from one of my pups.  Being married to hubs who loves me even when at times I'm not so lovable.  The list goes on and on.  I just don't write it down.

    If you want to start keeping a journal here's a suggestion.  Keep it simple.  Don't stress if you miss a day.  Get a calendar with spaces where you can jot a line or two down.  Start with January.  At the end of each day write down on the calendar your gratitude observations.   When the year ends you will have a gratitude journal with pictures!

    Ann