Saturday, January 10, 2015

Living on less

One of my first challenges   this year is we have less money to go around. The reality is our income is down about  two thirds.  I'm not complaining there are people all over this World that  have less than I do. I'm the CEO of this family. It's my job to make our money work for us. 
An areas I can trim is our food budget. I will clip coupons, watch for sales and make more economical meals.  The cookbook I will primarily be using is More with Less Cookbook by
Doris Janzen Longacre. It's available at +Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Cookbook-Suggestions-Mennonites-Consume-Resources/dp/B000LDFFNS/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420929070&sr=1-2&keywords=more+for+less+cookbook

Written in the 70's it has easy, simple and delicious recipes. I like how you can adapt them to your families preferences.. The book also features ways to cut down on waste. An area in which I struggle. Each week I'm throwing away produce or items that went past there due date. That's money down the drain. So I challenge myself to do better.  I look forward to sharing some of my creations with you!

Since it only me and my husband I often have to halve recipes. I use a dry measurement conversions My source a refrigerator magnet that I had for years. It pretty worn but it sure comes in handy!
I made up a card that you can save to your computer. Just right click on the picture and select save picture.

 
 
I hope you find it useful. Please join me on my adventure of Living on Less.
This is Life as I know it!
Ann



Blog was shared on
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth