Sunday, November 1, 2015

I'd rather be crocheting!

Well its the most wonderful time of the year and I rather be crocheting.  World Series,  football and falling leaves and I'd  rather be crocheting.   Seasons eating, Holiday shopping and I would rather be crocheting.

Do you know what I put off doing?   If you said crocheting you would be right.  Well I am going to remedy that by dedicating some of my blog posts to my favorite hobby . It would help me blog more often. Beginning this month I'm starting a crochet series 25 days of Crocheted Christmas ornaments.  It will consist of free patterns that I find across the web. I will give credit to the designers and links to their pattern.

The 1st one in the series is Sweetie the Snowflake designed by
 Sally Ives from http://www.ravelry.com/people/crochetsal there is a free down load available at her Facebook group  at this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/379329545500832/383074201793033/

I Crocheted three versions of her using different yarns weights.
Here they are...



Each was finished differently but first let's get to the basics.


Materials :

You will need a small amount of yarn. It's  a great scrap buster project.

The 1st Sweetie is made with worsted weight yarn #4 I used a size g hook.
Google eyes, embroidery floss or paint, and blush for the facial features. I used  black and Red markers and I added a little bow.

Sweetie #2 was Crocheted using size 10 crochet thread and steel crochet hook size 6.  I also used a small nut (as in nuts and bolts) for the center.  I did not have a small o-ring so I tried the nut.  It worked but I will be looking for small rings at the craft store. All I did was crochet 8 sc in the center then follow the pattern as written.  She was embellished with a simple red flower.  I thought it came out very sweet.

Sweetie  #3 was made with #LionBrandYarns .  The little bom bom brand.  They are perfect for ornaments, but any sports weight yarn #3 will do fine. Crochet hook f was used in the sample.  I added Snowflake buttons in the center.  It does not show up to well in the photograph.


The pattern is fairly easy to follow.  When I had start over it was because I messed up on the count.  So count carefully.  Do not join your rounds.  It is worked in a continuous circle.  Stitches used are single crochet and chain stitch.  I had fun making them.  I hope you give them a try.

Happy Crocheting! ♡♡♡
Ann